Uniform and P.E. kit
The school uniform is actively encouraged and is a continuation of the Fulwell Infant Academy School uniform:
- trousers should be grey or black
- skirts or pinafore dresses should be navy or grey (in summer, blue/white or yellow/white check dresses may be worn)
- sensible school shoes in black – Trainers are NOT permitted
All items of clothing may be obtained by ordering directly from Emblematic. Ad hoc items are also available from other local uniform suppliers in Sunderland. P.E. and Games:
Each year groups has a designated PE day and on these days, children should come to school dressed in their PE kit. This consists of:
- T-shirt (plain white) and shorts or a gym skirt (navy blue or black)
- Gym shoes/plimsolls (trainers are for outdoor PE only and would only be considered for indoor PE if they have a good traction; black soles are not allowed as they mark the hall floor)
- Navy/black or grey tracksuit bottoms/sweatshirts for outdoor play
The only sport equipment that might be needed is a PE bag with plimsolls for indoor PE (most likely during the winter months) that can be changed in to dependent on the sport activity taking place. Children should come to school in their trainers. Trainers should be black ONLY—bright colours and brands are not allowed.
A complete PE kit can also be ordered via Emblematic.
The Head Teacher has the right to prohibit the wearing of certain types of clothing or particular items that are deemed, on safety or other grounds, to be unsuitable for wear in school. Pupils are not allowed to wear jewellery, on grounds of health and safety.
No jewellery, including earrings should be worn during the school day. This includes naked studs with transparent backs. Please don’t cover the earrings with tape. Any child found wearing such jewellery will be omitted from all physical activity and parents will be contacted. Should you wish to have your child’s ears pierced we would appreciate it if this takes place during the summer break so that earrings maybe removed before school.